With spring right around the corner, we’re looking forward to finally spending some quality time outdoors. We don’t know about you, but our weekends will be spent going to the park for lunch and basking in the sun. And no picnic is complete without these delicious and simple snacks:
1. Spring Salsa – you really can’t go wrong with chips and salsa. It’s a go-to grub option that never disappoints. Take your salsa up a notch by making it from scratch with a few common ingredients:
What you’ll need:
– 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, seeded and chopped
– 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
– ¼ cup chopped red onion
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Tortilla chips
Stir together first 7 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve (up to 3 hours). Serve with chips
2. Ham and Cheese sandwich – This classic, kid-friendly combination can be jazzed up with a buttered baguette and takes little to no prep time. Check out this recipe and bookmark it to add to your next picnic outing. (We’re already on our way to the store for some French ham.)
3. Grapefruit, Walnut and Feta Salad – This refreshing appetizer combines veggies and fruits to add a sweet twist on your typical salad. Brighten up your next spring picnic with this to-die-for recipe.
4. Chocolate-stuffed Strawberries – We dare you to name a more addicting duo than strawberries and chocolate. And instead of dipping your berries in chocolate, why not try filling them with an amazing chocolate spread? This quick and easy treat is the perfect mid-day dessert. The recipe is right here. You can thank us later.