Looking for an easy, classic sweet treat that is sure to please? Stop right there. Look no further than traditional banana bread! A delicious dessert that can be enjoyed after dinner or for breakfast (we love flexibility), it can also be customized to fit your family’s unique tastes. Got a few chocolate lovers? Toss some semi-sweet morsels into the batter. Nearing the holidays? Dried cranberries add a tasty, festive texture to any loaf! Even if you just like want the tried-and-true classic banana bread, you can count on a kitchen filled with delicious scents (and a grumbling stomach) in just about an hour. Let’s bake!
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup butter
· 3/4 cup brown sugar
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 229
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients – the butter and brown sugar first, then add the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
4. Combine the wet banana mixture with the dry flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes. To test doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of your loaf. If it comes out clean, it’s done! If there’s wet batter stuck to it, put the loaf back in for 5 minutes and test again. If the top of your loaf is getting too brown, you can put foil over it to protect the crust until the inside is done.
7. Once the bread is baked through, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
8. Enjoy with a pad of butter, some sprinkled cinnamon, or as-is! Voila!